The Safari Tent
4-berth safari tent
African luxury safari meets Scottish country getaway, the safari tent is a great way to get away from it all and get back to nature. Relax in the hot tub by day and enjoy stunning views of the countryside, or star gaze with a glass of bubbly at night. Go for a stroll on the beach, grill up some seafood on the BBQ or sit around the fire pit in the evening toasting marshmallows and live the safari glamping experience.
If the weather is a little cooler (this is Scotland after all), the tent has a wood effect heater so you can snuggle up and read or play a card game or two. The kitchen is fully equipped (fridge, gas hob, microwave, crockery, utensils) so you can also cook up a meal inside.
Sleeping-wise, there is 1 bedroom with a double bed and a second with 2 bunk beds - all linen and towels are provided. A brand new shower and toilet block is available on site.
What's Close By?Take a look at just some of the popular activities and facilities which are close-by to our site here at Highfield Holidays.
- Tralee Beach - 400 metres from the main gate
- 1/2 mile from Benderloch village
- Milk / bread / papers etc. in the well-stocked village shop
- Garage/filling station with excellent caravan spares shop
- Recycling points
- Picturesque forest walks
- Cycle tracks north and south
- Tralee Bay Holidays’ putting green and fly-fishing pond
- Slipway for launching boats
- Summer Café, Hawthorn Restaurant and Tralee Fish ‘n’ Chips are all within walking distance
Nearby Tourist Destinations
- Highfield is 9 miles from Oban – the ‘Gateway to the Isles’
- Oban Tourist Information – 01631 563122
- Glencoe and Fort William, Inveraray, Easdale, Kilmartin Glen, Lochgilphead and the Crinan Canal are all within 1 hour’s drive
- Isle of Mull is 1 hour by ferry from Oban