Tourers & Motorhomes
About Our Tourer and Motorhome Pitches
Highfield Holidays is a Camping and Caravanning Listed Site, which offers serviced touring pitches for tourers and motorhomes on a quiet 7-acre croft opposite the beach road entrance to Tralee Bay Beach. We are 9 miles from Oban and the ferry port, and Glencoe and Fort William are less than an hour away.
Whatever the size of your tourer or motorhome, Highfield has a pitch to suit. We offer 50 spacious hardstanding and grass touring pitches: of those 20 are fully serviced hardstanding pitches, 10 are hardstanding with water and electric, and 20 grass with water and electric. (Price is based on a maximum of 4 people per pitch; additional guests can be added for £4.50 per person.) If you are a Camping & Caravanning Club member, you will receive a 10% discount when booking. (Please use the voucher code 'CCC/1234' and show your membership card on arrival.)
Large tourers and motorhomes with awnings are welcome; fully serviced, seasonal pitches are also available at a yearly rate of £1700.
Our amenities include a brand new shower and toilet block with 4 rooms, each with its own shower, wash hand basin and WC. We also provide disabled facilities with full wet room with wash hand basin and WC. There is also a covered dishwashing area.
You are welcome to use the facilities at Tralee Bay Holidays (fly fishing, putting green, slipway for launching boats, chip shop). There is also a 24-hour laundry room available.
What's Close By?Take a look at just some of the popular activities and facilities which are close-by to our site here at Highfield Holidays.
- Tralee Beach - 400 metres from the main gate
- 1/2 mile from Benderloch village
- Milk / bread / papers etc. in the well stocked village shop
- Garage/filling station with excellent caravan spares shop
- Recycling points
- Picturesque forest walks
- Cycle tracks north and south
- Tralee Bay Holidays’ putting green and fly-fishing pond
- Slipway for launching boats
- Summer Café, Hawthorn Restaurant and Tralee Fish ‘n’ Chips are all within walking distance
Nearby Tourist Destinations
- Highfield is 9 miles from Oban – the ‘Gateway to the Isles’
- Oban Tourist Information – 01631 563122
- Glencoe and Fort William, Inveraray, Easdale, Kilmartin Glen, Lochgilphead and the Crinan Canal are all within 1 hour’s drive
- Isle of Mull is 1 hour by ferry from Oban