Tourers & Motorhomes
About Our Tourer and Motorhome Pitches
Highfield Holidays is a Camping and Caravanning Listed Site, which offers serviced touring pitches for tourers and motorhomes on a quiet 7-acre croft opposite the beach road entrance to Tralee Bay Beach. We are 9 miles from Oban and the ferry port, and Glencoe and Fort William are less than an hour away.
Whatever the size of your tourer or motorhome, Highfield has a pitch to suit. We offer 50 spacious hardstanding and grass touring pitches: of those 20 are fully serviced hardstanding pitches, 10 are hardstanding with water and electric, and 20 grass with water and electric. (Price is based on a maximum of 4 people per pitch; additional guests can be added for £4.50 per person.). Pets are an additional £2 per night. If you are a Camping & Caravanning Club member, you will receive a 10% discount when booking. (Please use the voucher code 'CCC/1234' and show your membership card on arrival.)
Large tourers and motorhomes with awnings are welcome; fully serviced, seasonal pitches are also available at a yearly rate of £1750.
Our amenities include a brand new shower and toilet block with 4 rooms, each with its own shower, wash hand basin and WC. We also provide disabled facilities with full wet room with wash hand basin and WC. There is also a covered dishwashing area. Fire pits and BBQs can be used on the hardstanding and gravel areas (but not on the grass).
You are welcome to use the facilities at Tralee Bay Holidays (fly fishing, putting green, slipway for launching boats, chip shop). There is also a 24-hour laundry room available.
What's Close By?Take a look at just some of the popular activities and facilities which are close-by to our site here at Highfield Holidays.
- Tralee Beach - 400 metres from the main gate
- 1/2 mile from Benderloch village
- Milk / bread / papers etc. in the well stocked village shop
- Garage/filling station with excellent caravan spares shop
- Recycling points
- Picturesque forest walks
- Cycle tracks north and south
- Tralee Bay Holidays’ putting green and fly-fishing pond
- Slipway for launching boats
- Summer Café, Hawthorn Restaurant and Tralee Fish ‘n’ Chips are all within walking distance
Nearby Tourist Destinations
- Highfield is 9 miles from Oban – the ‘Gateway to the Isles’
- Oban Tourist Information – 01631 563122
- Glencoe and Fort William, Inveraray, Easdale, Kilmartin Glen, Lochgilphead and the Crinan Canal are all within 1 hour’s drive
- Isle of Mull is 1 hour by ferry from Oban