Our fabulous new Eskutas are great for exploring some of the beautiful scenery on the West Coast and to take in a pub lunch or two. We've put together a few ideas for Eskuta itineraries along the extensive cycle paths in the area as well as some suggestions for great places for a bite to eat.
The e-scooters are easy to ride and you don't need a licence. They have a 50-mile range and a maximum speed of 25 km/hour. Hire cost is £45 per day (per bike) and £250 for a week.
Here are some suggested itineraries to get you started:
Tour 1: The Black Castle and Chocolatey Cakes at Ben Lora Café (15 mins – one way)
Turn right out of Highfield (left out of Tralee) and follow the road round to the right. After ¾ of a mile, you’ll come to a crossroads. Here, turn right. Go past the castle and ride for another ¾ of a mile to the main road. Take the cycle path into the village of Benderloch. Ben Lora Café is on your right.
Tour 2: Shian Woodland Walk and Afternoon Tea at the Eriska (10 mins – one way)
Turn right out of Highfield (left out of Tralee) and follow the road round to the right. After ¾ of a mile, you’ll come to a crossroads. Here, turn left. The Shian Woodland Walk is ½ mile down the road on the right. Keep going straight on for the Eriska for tea or a cheeky beer.
Tour 3: Connel Bridge and Sunset Drinks at The Oyster Inn (15 mins – one way)
Turn left out of Highfield (right out of Tralee) and go along the road towards the village. Before the bridge into Benderloch, take the cycle path on the right. Follow the path all the way to Connel Bridge. Go over the bridge and down the hill to the main road. The Oyster Inn is at the junction on the right. (P.S. The Lochnell Arms just before the bridge.)
Tour 4: Tasty pub lunch at the Creagan Inn and the Pottery Barn (45 mins – one way)
Turn left out of Highfield (right out of Tralee) and go along the road towards the village. Before the bridge into Benderloch, take the cycle path on the right and turn left. Follow the cycle path all the way to the Creagan Inn. Stop off at the Pottery Barn half way along for some very cool pottery.
Tour 5: Fine Dining/Garden lunches in Appin, (Aird’s Hotel Restaurant or The Pierhouse) and some fabulous views of Castle Stalker (1 hour 10 mins – one way)
Turn left out of Highfield (right out of Tralee) and go along the road towards the village. Before the bridge into Benderloch, take the cycle path on the right and turn left. Follow the cycle path all the way past the Creagan Inn and into Appin. Follow the road round to the left for another 2 ½ miles. The Aird’s Hotel Restaurant is on the left as you come into Port Appin. The Pierhouse is in Port Appin opposite the ferry to Lismore. For great views of Castle Stalker, head back to Appin and turn left on to the cycle path. Cycle for another mile.
- The hirer agrees to correctly follow instructions for use and not to undertake any manoeuvres that may cause harm, injury or damage.
- The e-scooter is only to be used on the road or cycle paths. It is not to be taken, under any circumstances, on the beach or on rough terrain.
- Protective head gear is to be worn at all times while riding the e-scooter.
- Maximum of one adult and one child per bike with a maximum combined weight of 120 kg.
- Persons hiring an e-scooter under the age of 18 need written parental consent and confirmation that the person meets the minimum weight required.
- Tralee Bay Holidays accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss, damage or injury whilst in possession of a hired cycle. All customers hire e-scooters at their own risk.
- The hirer agrees to pay due care and attention to the security of the e-scooter, have the cycle locked and secured at all times when not in use with security lock provided to a permanent fixture e.g. lamppost, cycle rack, railing etc.
- If the e-scooter is lost or stolen, the hirer is responsible for the loss. The replacement cost of the scooter is £1600.
- All e-scooters are fitted with tracking devices.
- All scooters are fully safety checked, adjusted and charged before hire commences.
- The hirer agrees to return the e-scooter in a serviceable condition. All damages and repairs which arise from neglect or misuse will be chargeable.
- Tralee Bay Holidays must be notified immediately of any loss, theft or damage.
- For group hire, the lead person accepts responsibility for all hires undertaken within the group unless a separate hire form is completed by each individual. All individuals must be listed on the group hire sheet for hire to commence.
- The e-scooter and equipment are only to be used by the named hirer.
- The hirer agrees to return the e-scooter and accessories at the end of the hire period; failure to do so will result in the hirer being charged a standard rate of £45.00 per day until the cycle is returned or alternatively, the full retail value of the hired equipment to the card details previously provided.
- The hirer agrees the security deposit of £250.00 can be charged as a Point of Sale transaction to their card in the event of any damage to the e-scooter as per the Terms & Conditions of hire.