People and pets
- The Argyll pods can accommodate up to 4 people in the same room: 2 in a double bed and 2 on a sofa bed. Probably best that you know each other well for this arrangement or you’re closely related.
- The Glencoe pods sleep 2 people in a double bed. Good for a romantic weekend away as you have no choice but to leave the kids at home.
- The Highlander pods have a dining table that converts into a comfy double bed and 2 bench sofas that can accommodate one person each. A great set up for a family glamping experience.
- The Safari tent sleeps 4 and is also good for families as it has one room with a double bed and another with bunk beds.
- The Deluxe Safari tents also sleep 4 and have a double and a twin room.
Glamping is for children of all ages, however, common sense prevails when using the hot tub (keep an eye on them at all times and let them stay in the water for a maximum of 15 minutes at a time). They should also be supervised around the open pond area in front of the Argyll pods. Travel cots are available on request.
Children are welcome to use the play park at our sister company, Tralee Bay, a 5-minute walk from Highfield. The best play park in the area is the beautiful, long, sandy beach of Tralee Bay, again, a 5-minute walk across the road from Highfield.
3 of the Highlander pods and 2 of the Deluxe Safari tents are pet-friendly. (The Highlanders come with their own dog pod.) Pets are welcome inside the pods and tents but not unattended.
For your own (and your dog’s comfort), we can only accept one big dog or two small dogs per pod or tent.
The pods and tents
Yes, they do. The hot tub will be heated and ready for your arrival.
Yes, they do. The Highlander pods also have a picnic table at the back.
All the pods are heated and are warm and cosy inside.
No, you don’t - all of the pods are fully equipped with everything you’ll need.
The Highlander pods have their own parking space at the back of each pod and there is a car parking area next to the Glencoe and Argyll pods. The Safari tents have a parking space next to the tent.
Firewood for the firepit can be ordered at the time of booking or purchased on arrival.
If you are arriving after 6.00 p.m. please phone and let us know. For on spec pitch bookings, call 01631 720262 on arrival.
Yes, there is. WiFi is available all over the park for both the pods and pitches.
- Tralee Bay fish n chips is a 5-minute walk from Highfield and open from Wednesday to Saturday during the summer season. You can put in your order via their Facebook page then stroll down to pick it up.
- Beinn Lora Café is 15-minute walk and has to die for homemade cakes, sandwiches and pizzas.
- The Hawthorn restaurant is a couple of crofts down from Highfield and has a good range of pub style food.
Yes, over the weekend there is a minimum stay of 2 nights. (2 nights means that you get the benefit of using the hot tub for the whole of the next day.)
The price per night is based on a 4-night stay.
Our Highlander, Glencoe and Argyll pods are open from New Year until the end of October. (Weekends only from January to March.) The Safari tents and camping pitches are available from April to October.
The pitches are a spacious 6 metres by 10 metres.
It’s advisable during the busy season but not necessary.
Yes, we do. We have both grass and serviced hard standing pitches available. See our camping page for more info and prices.